This post is very different to my usual stuff, but here goes. New year and all…
So, some awesome woman wrote this http://wanderonwards.com/2013/12/30/23-things-to-do-instead-of-getting-engaged-before-youre-23/ and I loved it, I loved it enough to share it, and spend most of my day debating the ins and outs of the entire post with facebookers.
Who knew the subject of marriage was so controversial?
The girl kicks all your tied down asses! Whats so wrong with living a little, exploring life and nature, being spontaneous and random? Doing things you certainly could not do when married? Why aren’t we celebrating our youth, trying new things, taking up crazy opportunities, instead of joining the rat race to be ‘grown up’.
We have all the time in the world to be boring and married, right now, we are young, healthy, vibrant badasses, and we can make what we want out of our lives, if marriage is that, well then off with you, but you’re missing out, is all i’m saying. We should embrace all the new, wild, crazy things possible! After all, YOYO! (You’re Only Young Once).
Anyway, she gives a bucket list, I thought hers was slightly boring and totally safe and censored, and realised I had actually already done many of the things on it, so I have decided to do up my own;
’22 Things To Do As A 22 Year Old Independant Woman’ for the more free – spirited, experimental, immoral folk in society.
1. Wear a full leather catsuit to tesco, during the day.
2. Take up a hobby you have never ever tried before, preferably one that you’ve never even heard of before.
3. Never mind threesomes, have a foursome, fivesome, the more the merrier. A merrysome.
4. Go to karaoke, sing the feminist parody of ‘Blurred Lines’. Because there is no cooler way to educate.
5. Make a load of sandwiches, spend your day handing them out to the homeless people, remembering to talk to them, maybe even sing a song. Everyone loves songs.
6. Grab your best friend, make a cake, make another cake, make another cake, make another cake…you get my drift.
7. Trash a hotel room, like a true hero.
8. Make out with as many nationalities as you can, I suggest 15, but again, the more the merrier.
9. HUG! Hug your best friend, your neighbour, your cat, your rabbit, go do it! Hug yourself too, because your the reason your so damn cool.
10. Make pancakes! Go for a hike on a mountain, then eat those beauties when you get to the top. (Don’t forget the maple syrup)
11. Style your self in a bin bag for a night out. Because you’re young and hot, you can pull it off.
12. Have competitions with yourself to see how many people you can make smile every day, extra points for laughs.
13. Go to as many gigs as possible, even if you dont like the music, make friends with strangers at them, dance with those strangers, sure even follow them home if you want.
14. Couch surf across Europe, you’ll meet amazing people and you’ll never be bored.
15. Never mind cars, find a hippy van, have sex in it, preferably with a hippy dude, with flowers in your hair.
16. Make hot chocolate, real hot chocolate, not the powder rubbish. Melt chocolate, add milk (+ marshmallows). Add Ferrero Rochers, actually, add whatever the fuck you like. Heaven.
17. Host a pot luck partay with all of your friends and eat like kings.
18. Go to La Tomatina in Spain (tomato throwing festival) and dont forget your tomatoes.
19. Go Disneyworld, and ride every rollercoaster. Sure, we may be young adults here, but I stress the word ‘young’.
20. Break the law- smoke weed, drink wine outside, buy some spray paint and go graffiti some shit hot quotes on a wall.
21. Talk to a baby, failing that, a dog, or even a cat. They will make you feel amazing, they also cant talk back. Always a plus.
22. Go to a protest! Seriously, you know you wanna ;)
Celebrate your independence, if you have it, flaunt it sure.